06 Jan 2017
Our EIS and SEIS Opportunities
By using EIS (30%) or SEIS (50%) Income Tax Relief, clients can recover tax already paid on account and reduce their payments on 31st January. Relief can be carried back to 15/16, plus they will receive EIS (100%) or SEIS (50%) CGT relief.
We have a variety of EIS and SEIS opportunities and can work with you to propose a mix of EIS and SEIS investments, tailor made for the preferences of each of your clients.
As a quick reference:
- EIS is normally best for the larger risk adverse element of client’s investments and for CGT Deferral Relief, especially for capital gains made from 1st February 2014 to date.
- SEIS is suitable for investments up to £100k and gives 50% tax saving on Income Tax and CGT in 15/16 and 16/17.
EIS and SEIS investment are amongst the best opportunities available at the moment. With the income tax and CGT relief fully utilized, only £42k to £50k (EIS) or £36k (SEIS) of a £100k investment is effectively being invested.
Our EIS and SEIS companies ensure that your client is first in line to be paid up to 120% of the investment and a continuing share of the profits. Income is not dependent on profit, however our EIS and SEIS companies are generally making income within a few months.
We hand pick projects that have the best chance of success including:
- a BAFTA nominated film
- a TV series featuring Oscar winner Jeremy Irons
- a film starring Oscar winners Anthony Hopkins and Al Pacino
- a feature documentary including interviews with Stephen Fry, Sir Ian McKellen and Matt Lucas.
For the more security minded investor, we have SEIS and EIS investments available in Publicity & Advertising services to films and these have a priority recoupment position from income and a track record of prompt return.
Please get in touch if you would like to know more.